Seems like we are always trying to reinvent our faces. New seasons, new color. New eyebrow shapes, new skin therapies. Some tried and true methods will always prove to pass the test of time…
Exfoliate • moisturize • use sunscreen • get adequate sleep • Drink lots of water
It is amazing what just the basics can do when you want to transform your look. But this is your wedding, you want to take you face further. Here are some natural, and not-so natural ways how:
THE NATURAL: (ehow.com)
Eucalyptus Facial Moisturizing Cream
- To make this eucalyptus moisturizing cream, combine the following ingredients: 1 tbsp. aloe vera gel, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1 tbsp. white beeswax, 2 tbsp. anhydrous lanolin, 2 tbsp. rosewater, and 2 to 3 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Mix the aloe vera gel into the oil with a hand held mixer or whisk. Melt the beeswax with lanolin in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in the essential oil of eucalyptus. Add the rosewater and stir in. Continue stirring until the mixture starts to thicken. Pour into a tightly sealed glass or plastic jar.
Honey Almond Lavender Cooling Facial Cream
- To make this cooling herbal facial cream, mix together the following: 1/4 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of vegetable shortening, 1 tbsp. ground almonds, 1 tsp. liquid lecithin, 1/2 tsp. lavender essential oil, 2 tbsp. bee pollen, 1 egg yolk at room temperature and 1 tsp. rosewater. Mix ingredients together with a whisk or mixer. This cream has a slightly rough texture and can be used to treat sunburn because of its cooling effect.
Rejuvenating Herbal Cream
- You will need the following to make this herbal cream: 1 cup of olive oil, 1/3 cup of shea butter, 1/3 cup of spring water, 3 drops of peppermint oil, 5 drops of sage essential oil. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and heat. Put a pot or bowl on top to get the heat from the water. Put 1 cup of the olive oil, and 1/3 cup of shea butter in the top of the double boiler. Melt the ingredients together, then remove from the heat. Put 3 drops of the peppermint essential oil into the mixture. Mix in. Now add 5 drops of the sage essential oil to the mixture. Both of these essential oils have antiseptic properties. Use a hand held mixer to blend the ingredients together, and add the spring water at this time, incorporating it into the mix. The cream should be fluffy. Put into sealed airtight glass jars.
THE NOT-SO-NATURAL: (totalbeauty.com)
- Problem: Furrows between brows (the glabellar region)
- Pros: The furrows disappeared. “It was totally painless!” said Kristen, 30 (pictured).
- Cons: Effects wore off after three months.
- Total cost: $300 (one injection area)
- Problem: Sun damage (freckling), under-eye circles Pros: Skin looked smoother, brighter and more even toned. “There was no downtime at all. You could reapply makeup immediately and go out to dinner. I didn’t experience any funny redness or anything,”
- Cons: A stinging sensation while sweating for the first day or two after each treatment. Skin was more sensitive so heavy sunscreen was a must — even under clothing.
- Total cost: $1,000 (five sessions)
#3 LASER TRIO: VASCULAR, LASER GENESIS AND INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL)
- Problem: Rosacea and melasma Pros: Fine lines diminished and skin looked plumper. “My skin has not looked this smooth, even and glowing in a long time!” said Lucy, 35 (pictured).
- Cons: Mild to moderate discomfort with the IPL treatments. “The vascular did not work to rid me of my broken capillaries and was uncomfortable (a burning, “needling” sensation), therefore not really worth it.
- “ Total cost: $3,115 (two vascular laser, five laser genesis and three IPL treatments)
#4 OMNILUX RED/BLUE LIGHT THERAPY, DERMALUCENT WHITE/RED LIGHT TREATMENT AND PEARL LASER COMBO
- Problem: Acne, scars and brown spots Pros: Skin looked smoother and more even within several weeks.
- Cons: Pain during and after laser procedure, seven days of “social downtime” (due to peeling, redness and a sunburn feeling) and no sun exposure.
There are a lot of ways to make your eyelashes look instantly fuller and thicker:
a. WEAR EXTRAVAGANT FALSIES
- False lashes are an instant glam fix for those born with sparse lashes,
b. LATISSE® solution is a prescription treatment for used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker.
c. Eyelash extensions: offered exclusively by licensed and credentialed beauty professionals ($200-$300)
The Secret Language of Brows
Did you know that the shape of your eyebrows might be communicating a false message about what you’re feeling? In a study published last year in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, researchers digitally altered a photo of a woman’s face to create different eyebrow shapes and showed the pictures to 20 people, asking them to what degree the various photos conveyed emotions like fatigue, surprise, anger, sadness, or fear. “Even subtle variations in the brows had a significant effect on how the woman’s mood was perceived,” says John Persing, MD, a coauthor of the study and professor of plastic surgery at Yale University School of Medicine. Intrigued by the topic, we decided to conduct our own experiment. We found nine real women whose brows were telling the wrong story, and challenged master eyebrow expert Eliza Petrescu to set things right. With only her tweezers, wax, and pencils, could she help these women look as energetic, outgoing, and poised as they actually were? See for yourself—their radiant faces speak louder than words.
And here is something that is pretty fun-try on makeup and hair styles before you commit to them!!